InstagramNews Announced that it has reached a community of users of 400 million.
The network said,
“Our community has evolved to be even more global, with more than 75 percent living outside of the US. To all the new Instagrammers: welcome! Among the last 100 million to join, more than half live in #Europe and #Asia. The countries that added the most Instagrammers include #Brazil, #Japan and #Indonesia.”
This is great news for Luxury Brands who are looking to expand their consumer reach for Luxury Buyers. What is even more impressive is how quickly the global reach for Instagram has increased in just one year.
Social Networks Growth Comparison
Facebook, the Parent Company of Instagram still by far is the largest and most active Social Network for a business looking to build brand loyalty with Consumers. The amount of users is at 1.5 Billion. Yes you read that right, Billion.
- 968 million daily active users on average for June 2015
- 844 million mobile daily active users on average for June 2015
- 1.49 billion monthly active users as of June 30, 2015
- 1.31 billion mobile monthly active users as of June 30, 2015
- Approximately 83.1% of our daily active users are outside the US and Canada
Twitter has been having an identity crisis for quite some time now, especially since they are looking for a permanent CEO. I still think #Twitter is great tool for viral campaigns. There is still so much a business can utilize Twitter for. For instance: customer service, building a local network, consumer-relationship development, etc. I think with some serious focus and a strong leader (CEO), Twitter could really help businesses make an impact online.
Pinterest has just recently hit 100 million users. I also still love #Pinterest and know a lot of Retailers that receive in-store requests from product posts that they posted on Pinterest. Pinterest has a high sales conversion for products with lower end price points.
- 100 Million Monthly Active Users
- 42% of online adult women use pinterest
- 92% of pinterest pins are made by women
- 83% percent of active users prefer to follow a brand than a notable celebrity
- 73 percent of active users prefer to follow a beauty brand than a notable makeup artist
- 70 percent of active users prefer to follow a hair care brand rather than a notable hair stylist
Suereea’s Consultant Advice
I am a big fan of “focusing.” I tell my clients that it is best to start with one social network and that would be Facebook. Unless you are already getting sale conversions, or online leads from another social network, then stick with that. Work on one social network at a time and do it well. Once, you feel like it has developed into a brand loyal community, then try another.
The argument then, is always that the content production is so time-consuming, as well as the optimization. You still need to have all of these Social Networks in your online web presence. You can always hire a Brand Manager in-store or an outsourced Internet Marketing Agency, or both.
For My Retail Jewelers: Jewelry performs excellent on Instagram!